Released in August of last year and already 1.8 Million views later, Social Media Revolution is arguably one of the best social media videos ever. Created by Erik Qualman (@equalman on Twitter) of Socialnomics, the original video is an energetic and exciting look into the statistics and growth of social media.
It turns out that things are growing so rapidly that the statistics are already quite out of date after only 9 months. Mr. Qualman is on top of it, and has released an updated version with current stats and a fresh new look. Without further adieu – Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh):
Some Fascinating Points From The Video:
- 60 millions status updates happen on Facebook daily
- We no longer search for the news, the news finds us.
- While you watch this 100+ hours of video will be uploaded to YouTube
- We will no longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media
- Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate
- The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
I use the original video quite often when speaking to people about social media. I’m excited about the new release because the original has been such a great resource to point to when people inquire about what social media is all about. If the last 9 months is any indicator, and the exponential growth and adoption of social media continues on its present course, expect version 3 in about 4 months. My hat is off to Erik Qualman for a job well done…again!
So what do you think? Does this new version excite and inspire you? If you’re like me, then seeing and pondering these statistics leave you filled with wonder and expectation for the future. Leave me a comment and tell me how this video shapes your thoughts about what lies ahead for us all.